Our bananas are grown in the Tapi river valley in Jalgaon district. It is one of the top producers of the banana fruit in the world. It is literally the ‘Banana Capital’ of India. Jalgaon farmers ensure a disease-free and uniform cultivation, such innovative methods have made Jalgaon a “Banana Republic”.
We use Geographical Indication tagged JALGAON BANANA FOR PRODUCTION. As a company, we strive to work with the local farmers for cultivation of select specialised premium quality of Green Bananas with assured buyback arrangements. This provides a sustained source of income to the local community & also ensures a consistent quality for our end product.
The processing of bananas minimizes the waste of the produce on the account of supply demand mismatch. It blends well with the governments mission for ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ & ‘Vocal for Local’.
Our Process :
NihKan’s Banana flour is made from premium quality raw green bananas that are washed, peeled, chopped and naturally dried in Sun dehydration chambers which are dust free, insect free & hygienic enclosures. Post that the dried produce is grinded to yield fine powdery textured flour. Our 100% natural & time-honoured process performed in a sustainable scientific way which eliminates the need for preservatives, chemicals, colours or flavours and prolong its shelf life.
- Flavour : Mild earthy non sweet
- Smell : No Smell
- Texture : Very Fine powder
- Colour : Unripe Banana whitish
- Shelf Life : Best Before 18 months
One tablespoon packs High nutrition.
Benefits of using Banana flour :
- RICH IN RESISTANCE STARCH – Resistant starch, a type of fibre; is a fantastic source of. While probiotics replenish our gut with a variety of good bacteria, it is the prebiotics that provides the proper fuel to keep the good bacteria happy and maintain healthy gut flora. Most starches are broken down by enzymes in our small intestine into sugar, which is then absorbed into the blood. However resistant starch is a type of starch that isn’t fully broken down. Instead, it gets fermented in the large intestine and produces short-chain fatty acids (SCFA). SCFA are known to provide a host of benefits such as inhibiting the growth of pathogenic bacteria, promoting colon health, increasing nutrient circulation etc. Raw Green banana flour delivers the highest amount of resistant starch.
- It protects against the blood pressure fluctuations due to the potassium content in it. It also helps in treating depression as magnesium helps in relaxation of muscles. Other benefits of banana consumption include strengthening of bones, improvement of digestion, vision improvement, etc.
- It is GLUTEN FREE/GRAIN FREE. So, people with gluten allergies can easily consume it in their daily diets. It’s an alternative to wheat flour.
- Aids in colon health & weight loss.
- It is good for the DIABETIC.
APPLICATION of Banana Flour INTO DIFFERENT INDUSTRIES:
- SUPER FOOD – It has a very mild, neutral taste. It’s off-white, greyish colour and can be used in raw or in cooked recipes. As a supplement, simply add 1-2 tablespoons to your smoothie, yoghurt, juice or whatever raw food you are having that can handle a little extra “superpowers.”
- GLUTEN FREE MEALS – Make gluten free ROTIS / Parathas using banana flour or mix with other gluten free flours or wheat flour for nutritious healthy diet.
- INFANT/BABY food – It is used as an essential component for production of baby foods. It’s like a super food for babies. Helps in improving immunity. It is power packed with potassium and other vital nutrients. It is easy to digest. Promotes healthy brain function. Make delicious Pancakes, waffles etc.
- BAKERY products, confectioneries – You can substitute banana flour for all-purpose flour (Maida) in baking recipes. Use 30% less than the normal flour. the best alternative to carb rich grains and it is gluten-free which renders baked products its desired sponginess.
- SMOOTHIES & SHAKES – Adding a teaspoon will give you the required texture and it won’t affect your beverage taste.
- SALAD DRESSINGS – Use banana flour to thicken salad dressings. One tablespoon is plenty to thicken one cup of salad dressing.
- As a THICKENING AGENT for Gravies ,Curries & sauces –Add a tablespoon of Banana flour to your recipe instead of using cornflour or refined flour
- VEGAN – As it is a fruit powder, can be used in all Vegan diets.
- Nutraceuticals – Regulates digestion
Green Banana Flour Recipes:
If you’re looking for ideas on how to incorporate green banana flour, here are some recipes that utilize or substitute green banana flour for other flour.
To download Green Banana flour recipe book, please Contact Us