Hummus is a Middle Eastern dip, spread, or savoury dish derived from garbanzo beans. It’s also a versatile dish that’s great for adding flavour to dishes. “Hummus can be used in sandwiches as a spread instead of butter, or to prepare a pasta dish with vegetables. In Middle Eastern cuisines, it is usually consumed as a dip, with pita bread, and served as a snack or appetizer with crackers/veggie sticks.
It is made using chickpeas, a fibre-rich food that’s high in plant-based protein and essential minerals. Chickpeas is rich in dietary fibre, protein, manganese, and other nutrients. It contains key vitamins and minerals like vitamin B, calcium, iron, folate, and zinc. It provides fibre for good health. These legumes are versatile, affordable, a great source of both essential micro- and macronutrients, and have many health benefits.
Chickpeas are an excellent addition to any meal or snack for fulfilling your protein requirements. If you follow a vegan or vegetarian diet, then chickpeas are a wonderful way of adding proteins to your diet. One ounce of chickpeas packs in about 3 grams of protein. As compared to other legumes, chickpeas contain almost all of the essential amino acids, making them a higher-quality source of protein than them.
Flour made from sprouted chickpea offers additional health benefits. Since the preparation of sprouted chickpea flour involves legume germination, it has more nutritional value. Sprouted chickpea also contains higher vitamin B, especially B2, B5 and B6, along with increased levels of carotene. Moreover, sprouted chickpea flour is easier to digest than ordinary chickpea flour.
With a few simple tricks, you can make a delicious homemade hummus with Nihkan’s sprouted chickpea flour. And yes, it’s better than the store-bought one.
Today, I’m sharing my favourite healthy recipe: sprouted Chickpea Hummus. Having to decide what to cook for dinner every day may seem like a big chore, but this one’s simple, quick, and can be used to make multiple recipes.
This turned out to be lip smacking, and everyone in my family just loved it.. So here it goes.
Sprouted Chickpea Flour Hummus
Prep Time 5 mins Cook Time10 mins
- 2 tbsp sprouted chickpea flour
- 10 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt as per your taste
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds or 2 tbsp tahini
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cup water
- For garnishing
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Finely chopped coriander
Directions to make Sprouted Chickpea flour Hummus
- In a pan, add water, and chickpea flour. Stir it continuously while making sure that there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Cook the mixture for five minutes and let it cool completely.
- Add some chopped garlic, lemon juice, salt, tahini or sesame seeds, olive oil, and any other seasonings. Blend the ingredients in a blender until completely smooth.
- Garnish it with a dash of olive oil and coriander.
- Serve the hummus immediately, or store it in the fridge for up to 1 week.