1 Cup Nihkan legumes Flour
½ Cup finely chopped veggies of your choice
½ cup curd
½ cup water
1 ½ teaspoon chili and ginger paste
Eno/fruit salt/baking soda – 1tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for shallow frying
Mustard seeds for tempering
- Take Legume flour in a mixing bowl. Add chopped veggies, curd, water, ginger chili paste, salt and mix well.
- Finally add baking soda and gently mix.
- Add water to adjust the consistency of the appam batter.
- Baking soda already will dilute the batter so be careful to add water.
- Heat a Paniyaram pan. Add 1/2 tsp oil in each mould. Add mustard seeds and allow them to temper. Then pour the appam batter in each mould till 3/4 th of its capacity.
- Keep the flame on low and cook for a minute.
- Then carefully flip the appams and cook on the other side in low flame till the appam becomes a nice golden colour.
- If you insert a toothpick it should come out clean to make sure the inside of the appam is also cooked completely.
- Repeat the same for the rest of the batter. Delicious Instant Legumes Flour Appam ready for serving!
Serve with coconut / coriander chutney.