Banana flour is a revolutionary type of Super-Food. This high-fibre flour is made from raw green bananas. Green bananas are peeled, chopped, gently dried using the sun-dehydration methodology, and then ground into flour. The green banana process requires 8-10kg of raw green bananas to produce 1kg of banana flour. Our process ensures that this highly nutritious, neutral tasting, and versatile flour is of the highest quality, ethically produced, gluten-free and vegan.
This amazing flour can be used as an alternative to any white plain flour or wheat-free flour in your recipes.
- 100% Natural & Preservative free
- Gluten-free – It is Grain/Wheat free. Green banana flour is made from green bananas which is a raw fruit.
- No chances of contamination –As banana plantations are always in single culture zones, the chances of cross-contamination with other cereals are not possible. Making it perfect for consumption by highly-sensitive Gluten allergic consumers.
- Sugar-free – Green bananas contain mostly starch and not sugar. As the banana ripens, its starch turns into sugar. It doesn’t taste like ripe bananas the advantage here is that you can use it as a substitute for ordinary flour in pretty much anything. It has a subtle, almost nutty taste that won’t affect the flavor of the dish you’re preparing.
- Vegan & Paleo friendly – Green-banana flour is also dairy-free, nut-free, and soy-free, making it perfect for vegans and those on a Paleo diet.
NihKan’s Green banana flour is the new ingredient taking over health pantries!
Read our blog for more information. WHY NIHKAN GREEN BANANA FLOUR
Ingredients: Raw Green Bananas
- High in dietary fibre – A high-fibre diet helps to maintain bowel health.
- Rich in resistant starch –Most of the carbohydrates in your diet are starches. Starches are long chains of glucose that are found in grains, potatoes, and various foods. But not all of the starch you eat gets digested. Sometimes a small part of it passes through your digestive tract unchanged. In other words, it is resistant to digestion. This type of starch is called resistant starch, which functions kind of like soluble fiber. Many studies in humans show that resistant starch can have powerful health benefits.
- Helps in Weight Loss by Improving Satiety – Resistant starch has fewer calories than regular starch — two vs four calories per gram. The higher the resistant starches content in a food, the fewer calories it will have. It can contribute to weight loss, primarily by increasing feelings of fullness and reducing appetite.
- Seriously Nutritious – High in essential minerals and vitamins including zinc, vitamin E, magnesium, and manganese, green-banana flour is also abundant in potassium – so much so that just two tablespoons contain the same amount as seven whole bananas!
How to use Green Banana Flour?
- For baking – Use 30% less banana flour than the suggested flour as per your recipe.
- For making delicious milkshakes or porridge, mix it with water or milk and cook on low flame. Recommended using 1-2 tbsp for raw intake.
- As a THICKENING AGENT for gravies, curries & sauces –add a tablespoon of Banana flour to your recipe instead of using cornflour or refined flour.
Refer to our Recipe Page: NIHKAN Green Banana Flour