- NIHKAN Sprouted Buckwheat Flour (kuttu ka aata) – 1 cup
- Potatoes – chopped like finger chips (4-5)
- Rock Salt
- Cumin powder
- Red chilly powder (or Green chillies)
- Oil for frying
- Take 1 Cup Buckwheat flour in a large mixing bowl
- Add 1 tsp rock salt (sendha namak) and ½ tsp cumin (jeera) powder , 1tsp red chilly powder & mix well.
- Now add 1 cup of water, mix and make a slurry.
- Dip chopped potatoes into the mixture & coat them with buckwheat flour mix.
- 5.Heat oil for deep frying in a Kadai or pan & then gently slide coated potato strips one by one in the oil. Fry on medium flame. It will come on the surface and also puff up.
- 6.Fry till you see that oil has stopped sizzling and the fritters looks golden and crisp, then turn over and fry from the other side.
- Once the fritters are golden & crisp remove with a slotted spoon draining extra oil in the kadai.
- Serve Buckwheat fritters (kuttu ke pakode) hot with Curd / fasting chutney. You can add salt, cumin powder & red chilli powder on top of curd for added flavour.
Sprouted buckwheat flour is rich in fibre and nutrients. Sprouting of grains takes away the bitterness of millet grains and makes it more nutritious and healthy. It has sweeter taste and gives better texture.